Uncompromising product safety to guarantee confidence
Product safety is of primary importance to Raisio. Customers and consumers can trust the quality and safety of Raisio’s products. The product safety of foods and feeds is assured with certifications, audits, staff training, high-quality raw materials and effective processes.
Main events in 2016
- Several external and internal audits were conducted in the production plants related to certification, quality and traceability of raw materials.
- In the production of fish feeds, Raisio carried out a significant investment to improve product quality and environmental efficiency. The investment will be completed in 2017. In addition, an investment enhancing the energy consumption of the fish feed production was already completed in the spring 2016.
Certifications of Raisio’s production sites
Certifications and quality systems support the safety of production. The systems ensure, for example, the functionality of our traceability processes.
- All Raisio's food manufacturing sites have the BRC certification of product safety and quality.
- Our units in the UK and Czech Republic are Sedex members. Sedex is an international tracking system of responsible supply chain.
- Quality management system ISO 9001 at the Finnish production sites
- Environmental management system ISO 14001 in the Czech Republic and Finland
- Organic production certificate at the Finnish food production plants
- Kosher and halal certificates in the production of Benecol ingredient
- Kosher certificate at the Finnish food production sites
- OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety certificate in the Czech Republic
Product recalls in 2016
Raisio aims to produce safe products of high-quality so that product recalls are not necessary. However, if a product quality problem is detected, the recall is made without delay and reasons leading to the situation are examined carefully. In 2016, we achieved an excellent product quality and no recalls were needed.
Objectives for 2016-2018
- We will maintain the BRC certification at our food sites
- Raisioagro's focus will be on recipe accuracy
- The number of public recalls will be zero